American Statistical Association
Undergraduate and graduate students from all majors and programs are welcome to join the George Mason University Chapter of the American Statistical Association.
The organization aims to:
- Unite and inform Mason undergraduate and graduate students about professional and academic opportunities in statistics.
- Provide opportunities for professional and career development outside the traditional classroom setting.
- Create a community of like-minded individuals with a common interest in statistics.
- Foster interaction between faculty and students.
The Mason chapter of the ASA helps arrange lectures by scholars, represents the department in Engineering Week activities, and participates in the annual DC DataFest.
As a professional student organization, the Mason Chapter of the American Statistical Association collaborates with the Department of Statistics and the American Statistical Association.
Other Organizations for Students Interested in Statistics
- The International Biometric Society
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- Other Mason Engineering clubs and organizations
"Students should join to have fun with statistics. We welcome all majors because statistics is in everything.”
— De'Dra Mozell, past president of Mason’s American Statistical Association